Dental Crowns – Catonsville, MD
Reliably Repair Broken Teeth
If you've ever seriously damaged an adult tooth, you're familiar with the embarrassment and inconvenience that comes with a damaged smile. It can be difficult to do the things you once did on a daily basis. Chewing, drinking, and speaking can suddenly become challenging. Thankfully, you don't have to settle for an imperfect grin. Instead, talk to Advance Dental Clinic to learn more about dental crowns in Catonsville, MD. We can reliably repair broken teeth and help you get back to enjoying a healthy mouth.
Why Choose Advance Dental Clinic for Dental Crowns?
- Sedation to Enhance Patient Comfort
- Beautiful, Custom-Designed Restorations
- Compassionate & Caring Team
What Is a Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are useful dental devices made to fit over the tops of your teeth. Most tooth crowns are custom-made; this ensures they fit on your teeth snugly and look as realistic and natural as possible amongst your other teeth. Generally, dental crowns are made of porcelain; however, they can be made of different materials, such as Emax, Zmax, zirconia, or porcelain-fused-to-metal.
There are many reasons to opt for dental crowns. However, some of the most common involve protecting and restoring sensitive or damaged teeth. A dental crown fitted over the top of a vulnerable tooth can help shield it from potential trauma caused by eating and drinking. Additionally, if the tooth in question causes problems with your speech, a cap can help remedy your troubles.
The Process of Getting a Dental Crown
The process of getting a dental crown usually takes at least two appointments. During the first appointment, we will prepare your tooth by removing a bit of its enamel. This step ensures that your restoration will look as natural as possible. Then, we will take impressions of your teeth and use them as the basis for designing the shape of your crown.
After the design is finalized, a dental lab will fabricate your restoration. In the meantime, you will wear a temporary crown. Once your permanent one is ready, you will return to our office so we can verify its fit before attaching it to your tooth.
Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
A dental crown can provide a number of benefits:
- Protection for a damaged tooth. A crown can allow you to enjoy pain-free function and strength from damaged teeth. It could even prevent those teeth from needing to be extracted.
- Tooth replacement. Crowns can work along with dental implants or pontics (artificial teeth) to bridge gaps in your smile.
- Beauty and comfort. We carefully design crowns so they look and feel as natural as possible.
- With proper care, a dental crown may last for 10 years or longer.
- Easy maintenance. If you maintain good oral hygiene and consume a reasonable diet, you can expect your crown to stand the test of time.